Classic baked Chicken Recipe
Ingredients: 3 to 4 lb chicken (Cut into 8 pieces each), olive oil, ½ cup chicken stock (or white wine), freshly ground pepper, salt to taste.
• Preheat the oven to approximately 400`F. Rinse the chicken with water and then coat the bottom of a pan with olive oil. After that, rub some all over the chicken pieces and sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper over them. Now arrange the pieces on the frying pan, skin side up, with a little bit of space between the pieces.
• Cook in the preheated oven for ½ an hour at 400`F. now lower the temperature to 350`F and cook for an additional 14 to 15 minutes until the chicken pieces turn brown and the internal juices run clear. Poke the pieces with a knife to see whether the insides are still pink or turned a rich golden brown color.
• If the pieces are properly cooked then remove the chicken pieces from the frying pan onto a serving plate. Wrap it around with an aluminum foil and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
• Now, to prepare additional gravy for the chicken, place the roasting pan with its drippings on the stove with medium settings. Scrap up all the drippings stuck to the bottom of the pan with a metal spatula and add half a cup of chicken stock (or white wine) to deglaze the dripping. Pour this mixture onto a saucepan and heat it to the desired thickness.
• Pour the gravy onto the chicken pieces and then serve hot.
Asian Marinated Baked Chicken
Ingredients: ½ cup soy sauce, 1/4th cup dark brown sugar, 3 tablespoons finely chopped ginger, 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic, 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 3 pounds chicken pieces.
• Whisk everything other than the chicken in a broiler-proof baking dish. Now place the chicken pieces one at a time in the dish and apply a coat of marinate. Cover and refrigerate the marinated pieces for 12 to 24 hours, turning the chicken once between the marinated times.
• Remove the chicken from the refrigerator after 24 hours and set it for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 475`F and arrange the rack in the middle.
• Place the skin side up pieces in the dish and bake it for about 40 minutes till the pieces turn dark brown in color. If you are using drumsticks then turn the piece once in the idle of cooking for even baking.